Will your smart home get hacked in Texarkana? The short answer is "rarely”. A smart home defense from a respected supplier like Vivint protects with advanced encryption and additional cybersecurity safeguards to prevent a breach of your system. Only an advanced hacker with plenty of time, patience, and luck will be successful. Hackers normally prey on low-hanging fruit that's easy and a home security system won’t be on their attack plan.
The ways Vivint keeps you safe from smart home hackers in Texarkana
Vivint makes incorporating home security and home automation systems easy through the use of wireless components. Consequently, the lack of wired connections can lead to more concerns about your home’s online security. Luckily, Vivint components offer proven safety measures that help thwart hackers. The following are samples of how Vivint keeps your devices safe:
● High-level encryption standards: Supposedly, 1024-bit encryption might be cracked, but it would need an abundance of time and effort to get through. The vast majority of thieves are not going to allocate the resources necessary to navigate past this type of defense.
● Disguise your IP address:You can’t hack what you aren’t able to locate. Vivint takes steps to keep your smart home private by disguising internet addresses to anyone outside of your network.
● Frequent updates: Your security system must remain one step ahead of the hackers by sending out frequent software and firmware updates.
Additional methods to defend your Texarkana smart home from being hacked
Even though Vivint gives you the latest in modern components that utilize advanced, built-in security, your day-to-day habits are also critical in protecting your smart home.
● Use secure passwords: Make sure you create a strong password for your router and mobile security app. An unpredictable sequence of upper and lower case letters, symbols and numbers are a wiser option than settling for an easy-to-remember password. As a general rule, the longer it is, the harder it is to crack. It’s also smart to change your passwords per a set schedule.
● Don’t share passwords: The key is keeping your home security password out of the wrong hands. If you do want to give a visitor a smart door lock or security code, assign a temporary key code. Your neighbors or friends will be allowed to go into your residence when you need them to, and then will no longer be afforded entry when the code’s lifespan runs out.
● Inspect your settings regularly: You may be the first to find something is amiss with your home’s security. If you sense something unusual, inspect your smart home configuration by using your smartphone app or smart hub. If there are unauthorized changes, update your passwords without delay.
Get your secure smart home today from Vivint!
The best thing you can do to ensure the safety of your smart home is to choose a provider like Vivint. Our components are equipped with proven cyber-security features that cause them to be hard and time consuming to infiltrate. Contact (870) 544-4225 or submit our form on this page to speak with our Vivint experts and build your secure smart home.