How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Texarkana smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Texarkana home’s automation and security. See what it can do and explore tips to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Texarkana?
Wirelessly linking to components with radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded footage from any connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Texarkana by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you may still arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Texarkana
Although multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Texarkana home security system. Contact (870) 544-4225 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.