Online shopping and daily shipments have become a way of life for many people. You appreciate the benefit of having packages left at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a real concern, but you can protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are effective tools to combat porch pirates, but they give you significantly more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Texarkana video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to customize detection zones, talk to individuals on your porch, and obtain real-time updates whenever something is delivered.
The simplest way to see how a Texarkana video doorbell camera works is to explore the various advantages it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with warnings that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your door and boxes on the walkway below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images at any hour: What’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? Top models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can enjoy automatic alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between people and deliveries.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio lets you ask what they want. You can even utilize this helpful feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to see real-time and recorded video directly from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.