What should you do when your Texarkana home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the various risks you could encounter, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Texarkana home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and could incite panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Texarkana Triggers
It’s a scenario no resident desires to be in, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the distinct blasting of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. So what should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to manage the emergency alone and let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your family members. Your priority should be your family members and getting them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might involve going to a predetermined safe room as far from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately frightened away the intruder, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to leave your home immediately.
- Remember your smartphone. In this day and age, most homeowners carry their smartphones constantly with them, but you could fail to take it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Texarkana goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will act immediately. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The protocol they abide by depends on the kind of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to reach you before first responders are deployed. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring professional will abide by these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the command hub. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, local police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again once authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be dispatched even when you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Texarkana
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Texarkana from Vivint. Contact (870) 544-4225 to begin the customization of your property’s security today.